AgWeb Farm Journal Legacy Project Top Producer Dairy Today Beef Today Pro Farmer Ag Day TV US Farm Report MyMachinery.com Ultimate Farm Quest
+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member rswfarms is on a distinguished road

Grassley sees Congress finishing farm bill work this month

Yes, it would be nice to know if I will get the usual $80,000+ from the government to help pay for my crop insurance for the 2014 crop year. With the prices that 1 bushel of corn will get for the 2014 crop year, I can really use this $80,000 to help lower my corn production expenses. Anyway, below is an update on the status of the new Farm Bill.
    ************************************************** *******************************************
    Grassley sees Congress finishing farm bill work this month

Iowa Sen. Chuck Grassley said he was still confident Congress could complete its much-delayed work on a five-year, $500 billion farm bill this month.

It looks “more like the end of the second week of January I would expect that we get a bill to the president,” Grassley told reporters in a conference call Thursday. “I haven’t heard anything to the contrary.”

Grassley said among the sticking points so far is a measure he has championed that would place limits on how much in federal subsidies an individual farmer may receive and revising the definition of a farmer to prevent non-farmers from receiving large benefit payouts.

Until recently, a stumbling block had been ironing out differences in Congress over how deep cuts to the food stamp program should be. The House has proposed cuts of $39 billion over 10 years compared to $4.5 billion in the Senate. Lawmakers working on the farm bill estimate cuts to the program could be closer to about $10 billion.

Tags: Chuck Grassley, farm bill, food stamps

I should mention that the $80,000+ I get in Taxpayer money every year to help pay for my Crop Insurance only amounts to a rough 18 cents per bushel. So not a huge deal, However, if corn averages only $4 a bushel in 2014, the 18 cents per bushel from the taxpayer becomes a bigger deal and could make the difference for some guys if they show a profit in 2014 or a loss for there farm operation. Obviously, the guys with land capital costs of $300 to $500/acre for the 2014 Crop Year will really need this 18 cents per corn bushel to help pay for there corn production expenses.

Senior Member MarcoAtlarge is on a distinguished road
    or you could cut wood to keep warm next winter

Moderator ses is on a distinguished road ses's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rswfarms View Post
    I should mention that the $80,000+ I get in Taxpayer money every year to help pay for my Crop Insurance only amounts to a rough 18 cents per bushel. So not a huge deal, However, if corn averages only $4 a bushel in 2014, the 18 cents per bushel from the taxpayer becomes a bigger deal and could make the difference for some guys if they show a profit in 2014 or a loss for there farm operation. Obviously, the guys with land capital costs of $300 to $500/acre for the 2014 Crop Year will really need this 18 cents per corn bushel to help pay for there corn production expenses.
    What a freaking idiot.

Senior Member villageidiot is on a distinguished road
    again, nothing new to see here, heard this whine before, why did i bother to look.

Senior Member Tas is on a distinguished road
    So can you say "Thank You" Mommy-In-Law ICF.

I bet you have to kiss her azz every time you see her LMAO

Did she put Diamonds on your collar too ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tas View Post
    So can you say "Thank You" Mommy-In-Law ICF.

I bet you have to kiss her azz every time you see her LMAO

Did she put Diamods on your collar too ? ? ?
    No, Mother-in-Law died around 10 weeks ago of a heart attack. At least she didn't suffer much pain. So now I guess my wife get's another 160 acres of 85 CSR Dirt. A Helluva a way to increase the size of your Farm Operation
    She did have a nice long life and my kids will miss her very much.

They need to cut conservation programs in the farm bill by 10%. There is more money available than what farmers want and/or need. NRCS is giving out bad contracts.