AgWeb Farm Journal Legacy Project Top Producer Dairy Today Beef Today Pro Farmer Ag Day TV US Farm Report MyMachinery.com Ultimate Farm Quest
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Senior Member GREG1 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom In Ont View Post
    I'm starting to see some field corn fire almost 50% up the stalk. Don't know whether it's from too much water or something else.Possibly nearing maturity as some stuff went in pretty early.
    My early beans are starting to get that brown maturity look in the leaves. Planted them suckers Apr 28th.

Sucks to be dry.
    Tom, are the bottom leaves turning a pinkish color. Goss Wilt is the culbrit. The ears also have smaller black scaring streaks on the ear. google the yield robber and maybe get some pictures. We have it and from what I understand its not good. It's supposedly in the seed and its here to stay. Not good.

Senior Member jabber1 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by cottongirl V View Post
    Someone, I can't say who, cut 100 bu beans here today. Officially. Not me, we haven't cut a damn thing yet.
    Weeeeeelllllllllll, I just made a decision. I am gonna go kinda metric. If I report any yields on Ag Web, I am now forced to use bushels per hectare to keep up.

I now expect all of by beans to yield over 100.
    Last edited by jabber1; 08-30-2013 at 06:04 PM.

Senior Member jabber1 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by GREG1 View Post
    Tom, are the bottom leaves turning a pinkish color. Goss Wilt is the culbrit. The ears also have smaller black scaring streaks on the ear. google the yield robber and maybe get some pictures. We have it and from what I understand its not good. It's supposedly in the seed and its here to stay. Not good.
    Goss Wilt-
    [url]https://www.pioneer.com/home/site/us/agronomy/library/template.CONTENT/guid.7C4A4184-42E5-4594-A603-4AB265B480C8[/url]

Senior Member Tom In Ont is on a distinguished road
    hate to be the grim reaper here, but just took ear samples from corn field, its 90% dented but not black layered yet, ave count was 16 rows x 46 kernels/row with 32,000 population in 30 in row spacings, terrific looking stuff. This is even done with slight tip back of about 1.1/2 inches, planted Apr 28. and got hit twice by frost.
    Beans will be not too far behind this stellar yield.Extremely blessed with excellent weather this year.
    Last edited by Tom In Ont; 08-30-2013 at 11:24 AM.