AgWeb Farm Journal Legacy Project Top Producer Dairy Today Beef Today Pro Farmer Ag Day TV US Farm Report MyMachinery.com Ultimate Farm Quest
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Alert

Senior Member 48 is on a distinguished road
    Dave: Thanx for the report. You said:

"... they later found the cause at a neibors house a lation he had chickens and ducks that had contracted the virus the state has now took over..."

Ducks are especially susceptible. I'm surprised that a prime chicken area even allows ducks in the area. Another problem is wild ducks over which there is absolutely no control.

The reason they have more human cases in China is cuz they sell the birds live...so there is a lot of human handling. And, of course, China is big on ducks. It cracks me up that China...of all places...puts a ban on ARK chicken. China's disease outbreaks are notorious. Isn't this the same China that had dead pigs floating in the rivers????

Senior Member davidm479 is on a distinguished road
    your right 48 other foul is the problem the area where this happened is where they had some bad flooding a week or so before the virus was found proll from wild ducks landing their also the area is infultrated with high numbers of LATIONS that have moved in and they clame its there hertage to raze chickens and ducks at their home for food After the law suits get done I bet that changes same thing happened to a laying house next to me he got a virus and could not get rid of it and they found it came from the neibors who had ducks law sute already filed on that one maybe this will all clear up ----------------dave

no new news on the virus but the carnage continues Russia ie{Georgia} Rumiania and Turkey have now Banned Arkansas chicken adding to the long list China also reaffirmed their Ban evin though they have their own virus working we now have a lot of standing water from and some flooding rains the stage is ripe for this stuff to grow lets PREY it does not-----------------------dave

high thursday 97 with 80% humidity you talk about ripe WOWWW-------------dave

Senior Member db51 is on a distinguished road
    You guys are screwed down there....just read a story about some brain eating organism living in fresh water...and some 12 year old girl died from it. W T F is going on down there? I thought I lived in a he11hole....I'm changing my thinking on that one.

Ameba --she got the bug at a swim park at Little Rock some fluke deal as of now she is the third person to ever live this long from the virus l in the world perty serios stuff her chanches are still slim of making it they let the name of park out today I bet it was deserted two miunts after the news I hope its not linked to this other virous--------------------------------dave