AgWeb Farm Journal Legacy Project Top Producer Dairy Today Beef Today Pro Farmer Ag Day TV US Farm Report MyMachinery.com Ultimate Farm Quest
+ Reply to Thread
    Junior Member ajshaww is on a distinguished road

Bringing technology to the farm

I live on a family farm in central Illinois. We farm about 1000 acres of corn/soybeans. Not a huge farm but we get the job done. Ever since I was very young I have loved computers and pretty much anything in technology. I have been trying to bring more and more technology onto our farm, Including Wifi on our grain leg that stretches out to all of are fields. This means you have internet access anywhere in the field. Also I have added a few IP cameras so you anyone can check up on the farm. There is one on our 75ft grain leg giving an overview of the farm, a cow cam to watch our cows, pit cam to see if we are hauling corn, and a dryer cam to make sure the dryer is up and running. Feel free to check all this out and more at our farm website here [url]www.albinobrowncow.com[/url]

Junior Member Ron57108 is on a distinguished road
    ajshaww:
    What product(s) did you use to push the wifi signal all the way out to your fields from the grain leg?

R

Senior Member 82 is on a distinguished road 82's Avatar
    It's raining...again, so I'm killin time...again, and finally noticed Alex's thread. Click on his website link it's pretty cool, neat pics, and video's. I like the video where he has the camara mounted on the planter marker.

Technology has sure changed since I bought my first Apple IIE back in 1983, I think I payed like 3 or 4 grand for it.

Junior Member Sánchez is on a distinguished road
    As I've understood you want to get everything possible from modern technologies. Nowadays you can get more convenient look from the space. [url]http://ieassa.org/en/satellite-crop-monitoring-vegetation-control/[/url] It works almost like any phone application, you can see photos of your field, which were made from satellites.