AgWeb Farm Journal Legacy Project Top Producer Dairy Today Beef Today Pro Farmer Ag Day TV US Farm Report MyMachinery.com Ultimate Farm Quest
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    Senior Member rswfarms is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by drdiederich View Post
    I am not overly interested in what land values are doing or going to do any time in the next 10 years. I have other more important and compelling areas to invest my time, money and energy.

You assume I am not already a very, very, very, very, very, very wealthy farmer...
    Oh good, tell us WHAT YOUR NET WORTH IS so the guys can pick on you for a change, sound good????? LOL
    And by the way, I don't even consider some guy as having less than $10 Million as wealthy. I look at the absolute minimum amount of his income that could be produced on a per month or per year basis, with relatively a risk-free investment tool. Do you think you can get a 5% return on this $10 Million of net worth you have pretty risk-free??? $10 Million * .05= $500,000 per year or $41,666 per month possible for you?? If you could get by on $41,666/month in income and feel wealthy, that's good. But I feel a $41,666/month income would be ok for most guys. I obviously made more than $500,000/year in 2012 because I sold a lot of corn for over a cash price of $8. But as you know, you should never, ever spend all the money you have coming in as spendable, it needs to be saved for $4 corn which will come. But I did something just like saving money, I used extra money/profit to pay-off all my Farmland Loans, so it would be debt-free. This gives me a Fixed Land Cost of only $25/acre which is Iowa Property Taxes or in a normal year around only 11 cents per corn bushel. And yes, you can say my Farmland costs me a lot more, and a lot more costly because I can use this $15,000/acre in an individual stock that will gain a 100% in value in just 1 year. But I told you that I have neither the balls or knowledge to pick one stock or evem 10 stocks to get this 100% increase. And I feel farmland is the "RIGHT TOOL" for me currently to invest in. And really, it is investing in my Farm Operation is also an INVESTMENT IN MYSELF.

Senior Member LANDBARON is on a distinguished road
    RSW, you're the most amazing poster in forumville history.

Moderator drdiederich is on a distinguished road drdiederich's Avatar
    In front of one of my computers or on my phone...
    I am not stupid, crude, childish or crass enough to post my net worth or other pertinent financial information online in a public forum. However, you may like to know that I have seen a fairly astronomical growth in my assets in the last 7 years. I would tell you my numbers, but seeing as how I don't know you and I have no desire to, or benefit therein, divulging my financial information to you I will instead just tell you that you would cry at your general inadequacy in comparison. You are a poor finance man at best and a terrible manager IMO. I would gladly trust my investment to some others on this board, but you sir, would never be considered. The numbers you throw around are mediocre at best and are truly a reflection upon your poor choices and inability to get the most return available because you choose to not make the hard choices and opt to go the route of substandard.
    DiederichFarm
    "You are only as good as your next success, not your last" Sir Jock Stirrup

Senior Member villageidiot is on a distinguished road
    I care to follow this no further, but there it is in black and white dick -"I am not stupid, crude, childish or crass enough to post my net worth or other pertinent financial information online in a public forum" That says it ALL in a nutshell. Your the only one around who seems to want to discuss this agnausium , here as well as at ag,com.

You continue to dig your own grave on ag websites and to clueless to even grasp it.

You are truly a disturbing individual.

Senior Member dennis1 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Boar (OBG) View Post
    Thanks for the comments on the branding videos. I've attended brandings in rain, howling wind, baking heat, and one hailstorm. They are VERY difficult to reschedule because all the neighbors get thrown off when you change dates. So you just cowboy up when the weather is a wreck. I've never once heard a kid complain about anything because it is SO taboo. It's a total cultural thing. Nobody wants subjected to their kid whining in front of their neighbors. Nobody can stand getting out-worked.

If there is another way to turn out the sort of people that we still produce while doing group projects out on the farm, then I'm not aware of it. The sad thing is, industrial production techniques aren't the same as the Old Way either. (Maybe better? I really can't say)

In 100 years the Western third of SD will absolutely not change ranching methods an iota. In a few years I will operate solely in that fashion. Money ain't everything. This Tao quote below is EVERYTHING!

"Success in not the key to happiness, Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, You will be successful." - Buddha

Although I don't do cattle, my kids have seen many times the loading up of market weight pigs and the dropping off of Feeder Pigs, so they know the work involved. Plus, before I started receiving a Farm Profit Check, I was required to work a Full-time job in accounting for a Big-Company (Wage Slave), PLUS run an over 1,200+ acre farm operation. In 1995, my farm finally paid off a $1.8 Million dollar land bank payment of a 15 year term loan in only 10 years. No more $192,000/year Land Loan and then I was able to use some of this extra $192,000/year in cash flow that wasn't needed for the loan payment. So don't tell me about not working, I worked for 10 years doing 2 jobs- a full time accounting job AND A 1,200+ACRE Iowa corn/bean operation. Did you do that for 10 years???? I doubt that, but doing this allowed me to take 100% of my WAGE SLAVE JOB MONEY to help pay off my farmland loan, and we lived only on my wife's salary till she quit in 1995 to have kids.

Holy Chit 6-Pack...by letting those icf offspring see how to ride a horse, they probably know how to ride their pony...
    and how to eat nuts...

dick's kids see things and then knowing what it is all about...just about like watching their dad
    and knowing how to command respect by being one piece of crap...I have better things to do than
    even read his garbage.

Senior Member IN555 is on a distinguished road
    I am not stupid, crude, childish or crass enough to post my net worth or other pertinent financial information online in a public forum. However, you may like to know that I have seen a fairly astronomical growth in my assets in the last 7 years. I would tell you my numbers, but seeing as how I don't know you and I have no desire to, or benefit therein, divulging my financial information to you I will instead just tell you that you would cry at your general inadequacy in comparison. You are a poor finance man at best and a terrible manager IMO. I would gladly trust my investment to some others on this board, but you sir, would never be considered. The numbers you throw around are mediocre at best and are truly a reflection upon your poor choices and inability to get the most return available because you choose to not make the hard choices and opt to go the route of substandard.
    This has my vote for the post of the year so far.

Senior Member dennis1 is on a distinguished road
    I'll second that!

Senior Member LANDBARON is on a distinguished road
    Guys ripping on RSW, you can't make this up.

RSW is the sharpest poster in the history of forumville, and he is always willing to help us all, all this and the guy is approaching 100 mill in net worth.

RSW, I want to cradle you like my 2 year-old step-daughter.

It appears by Halloween of this year we will be looking at $200 per pt on the CSR scales.
    Last edited by LANDBARON; 05-01-2013 at 09:41 AM.