AgWeb Farm Journal Legacy Project Top Producer Dairy Today Beef Today Pro Farmer Ag Day TV US Farm Report MyMachinery.com Ultimate Farm Quest
+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member cowsrus and kids is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up Dang Barn Owls!!!!

OK--this is a call to all birds--great and small--it is time that you file a different flight plan so that our lives remain uninterrupted without power failures. (woke up this morning--gasping for air--(CPAP quit operating)--because of a power failure caused by a Barn Owl. I want some legislation to protect electricity customers!!!! BAN all birds from using the flight plan on our road---all in favor--say: "aye". Ok the "ayes" won out!!! Let's get 'er done!!!!

This is the third time since Thanksgiving that our power was interuppted by either swans or barn owls!!!1

Senior Member iadave is on a distinguished road
    I wouldn't complain to loud! The tree huggers will have the EPA out there making you take out the power lines!

Moderator drdiederich is on a distinguished road drdiederich's Avatar
    In front of one of my computers or on my phone...
    I love barn owls. I also love hawks... well pretty much anything that eats vermin. The past few years we had a kestrel that made it's winter home in our barn. Cleared out any bird in the place slowly but surely. It didn't show up this year... and the barn is like a haven for birds. I think I am going to put up bird netting this spring. That'll keep the numbers down, even if it doesn't eliminate them (which I hope it will).
    DiederichFarm
    "You are only as good as your next success, not your last" Sir Jock Stirrup

Senior Member 82 is on a distinguished road 82's Avatar
    My wife thinks my CPAP is sexy.

Senior Member cowsrus and kids is on a distinguished road
    Yeah--I guess it is if you think Darth Vader is sexy!!!

Senior Member BinswOH is on a distinguished road BinswOH's Avatar
    A few years back a screech owl unexpectedly flew by me in the bar nearly knocking me off the ladder. I came down cursing but when I saw him pick off a rat in the barnyard I was impressed enough to cut him some slack.

Senior Member 48 is on a distinguished road
    Bins: They have ladders in bars? You sure it wasn't a bar stool that he nearly knocked you off of ???