AgWeb Farm Journal Legacy Project Top Producer Dairy Today Beef Today Pro Farmer Ag Day TV US Farm Report MyMachinery.com Ultimate Farm Quest
+ Reply to Thread
    Banned glowplug is on a distinguished road

"first we kill the lawyers" Shakespeare

[url]http://www.forbes.com/sites/jonentine/2012/09/13/the-politics-of-obesity-here-comes-the-ngo-media-class-action-bar-complex/5/[/url]

-------------Milk and sports drinks are included in this. They're mentioned on page 3. But this is an indepth look at what's going on in food marketing, how lawyers are running up the costs of your food, and from a farmer point of view, those greedy lawyers are living large on our money.

You wonder why Mikey D caved on pig gestation crates? You wonder why these harrassment lawsuits are settled out of court? Well there's a war on.

Senior Member Normande is on a distinguished road
    I probably see this more up close than you GP, while it is definantly out of control I due think there is some good to come from it most of the slow food movement people are returning to grandad's farm or are coming from the city to farm small acreages and raise their families most know nothing of how the land works or animals even survive in the wild even. CSA's are big here among the affluent middle class and rich, some the members even have to go due the work. But in all the better farmers who have embraced the local movement are doing the best.

I have no problem with the slow food movement, anyone who farms organic, uses non-gmos, etc. Go ahead and do it but then don't disparage other farmers' products in your effort to sell your stuff. Sell your stuff on its positives.

Certified Angus Beef is a successful promotion. The CAB folks didn't disparage Hereford beef, etc. in order to promote their product. They didn't hire lawyers to harrass the Hereford beef folks in courts. They didn't attempt to get legislation to ban Herefords.

Trial lawyers, there should be a year around hunting season on them, with no bag limit.

Senior Member Normande is on a distinguished road
    Have you read "folks this ain't normal" generally most main stream farmers get really pissed off when the authors name is brought up, but I'm in the last chapters now and it's mostly his political view, I think most of the posters on here would actually agree with his solution to most of ags current problems. He doesn't like the politics of the current system.

I don't mind reading or discussing stuff with folks I don't always agree with. Salatin included.

What I do mind is the f'n trial lawyers screwing us [url]http://www.forbes.com/sites/jonentin...bar-complex/5/[/url] and that explains why this country is so messed up.

Salatin's position on biotech probably doesn't mesh with the stereotype organic farmer, it's live and let live, the market will eventually sort things out.