+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Senior Member Tom In Ont is on a distinguished road

weather woes beginning?

Is it not getting extremely dry with no precipitation attached to those fronts coming through and its still only mid May?
    I've never ever witness such short wheat stubble before in my SRW of this year. Water shortages.

Senior Member wctyilfarmer is on a distinguished road wctyilfarmer's Avatar
    we are planting in hopes of a rain monday or were screwed. since Easter we have had a total of about 8 tenths mostly in 1 tenth increments.

Senior Member ECI is on a distinguished road ECI's Avatar
    wtcy , we don't get them one tenth rains here --it's either 2 inchs in two minutes or nothing -- right now were going thru the nothing part .

Senior Member Tom In Ont is on a distinguished road
    just got 40 spits outta this one now off to the mid 80's for the weekend .

Senior Member db51 is on a distinguished road
    Go figure...the top 2-3 inches here are like concrete....yet wet down under. I attempted to work our bottom ground, but there is still water standing in swags from where the creek got out 4 weeks ago......There is a significant amount of ugly looking April planted corn around here...not much chance of any precip till Memorial Day Weekend.....some beans going in dry dirt and some guys pushing planting depth down just in case....

I have a funny feeling we're getting ready for some extremely dry weather ove rthe next 60 days....Think the uSDA Comic book will be unravelling in short order....

WCTY....having reviewed the db51 Doom Forcast for the next two weeks, I think it's a foregone conclusion. You're defintely screwed.

Senior Member MOMOSARIC is on a distinguished road
    In Europe (if you're interested), weather is , for now, one might say too wet.

Senior Member Slick is on a distinguished road
    Pretty cool having someone post conditions from the other side of the pond, MOMO. I enjoy your posts.

Junior Member Wifarmer is on a distinguished road
    Chance of rain this sunday for area and we could really use it...afraid some of our beans wont come up because of the lack of moisture. If it doesnt rain sunday it looks like the following week will be dry as well.

Senior Member roger7 is on a distinguished road
    Lot of replanting going on in Dodge Co. Wis.. Corn planted 25-29 of March ain't making it through the concrete. Lot of 16 and 24 row planters seeing double time this week. Finished corn yesterday, never have seen so many dry weather whirly winds as this week. Three or four at a time coming across a field, hope it is not an omen. R7

Senior Member PERCY is on a distinguished road
    Its a zoo out here. We're planting our 1st 40 today..custom planters, and was getting ready to plow down another 20, but they won't promise me a Sat. evening planting date. [I'm so darn old, those are the only dates I can hope to get on Sat. nite!] So we left our 4850 go down the road to another farmer...you can't rent anything 200+hp in 2 counties today. 10 days ago we were too wet to chop, and now everybody is go, go, go. Guess I'll mow the lawn!