+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Senior Member PERCY is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinghere View Post
    This "BIG" storm thats coming to the youper midwest looks about as wet and noisey as a 85 year old man making love with an 80 year old nun
    Spoken like an experienced peeping Tom!!!LOL

Senior Member Kinghere is on a distinguished road
    Percy I just happen to know an 80 year old retired nun. I'm not into the peeping Tom business. LOL

I agreed with Df yesterday that the weather conditions were not going to leads to any severe weather in fact we had nothing after 10:00 AM... a total of .5 in It looks like a better chance of light snow and a hard frost tonight.

Senior Member 48 is on a distinguished road
    DF: I know you're a Norwegian, but if DP means Dew Point, you had better get a better indicator for tornadoes...like BP...that's Barometric Pressure....not Blood Pressure....BUT, you're Blood Pressure will go up too if you see Dorthy and Toto fly by. lol.

Senior Member dairyfarmmn is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by 48 View Post
    DF: I know you're a Norwegian, but if DP means Dew Point, you had better get a better indicator for tornadoes...like BP...that's Barometric Pressure....not Blood Pressure....BUT, you're Blood Pressure will go up too if you see Dorthy and Toto fly by. lol.
    LMAO! This advice coming from someone who had never heard of the hook echo until Sat. night. You need high DP= dew points to get severe storms and to get tornado you need wind shear with those severe storms. Using barometric pressure to indicate tornados is like saying it is wet because the dust isnt blowing off the gravel road.

Senior Member nlballard is on a distinguished road
    My son got the wits scared out of him. His dogs were whining and acting funny. He went outside and looked up and a tornado was coming his way. It was not on the ground and never came down. He didn't know what to do except run to the bathroom. By then it was already gone. I was driving home and saw the tornado. It did a lot of minor damage , but nothing major. got 3/4 quarters inch rain.

Senior Member dennis1 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by nlballard View Post
    My son got the wits scared out of him. His dogs were whining and acting funny. He went outside and looked up and a tornado was coming his way. It was not on the ground and never came down. He didn't know what to do except run to the bathroom. By then it was already gone. I was driving home and saw the tornado. It did a lot of minor damage , but nothing major. got 3/4 quarters inch rain.
    Well, done in true Oklahoma fashion.."run to the bathroom"...did you ask him if he needed to clean anything?

oh yes,, the wind will be out of the south today!

Senior Member iadave is on a distinguished road
    He could be like one of Dad's tenants. He looked out side but couldn't see the tornado for all the flying debris and water! Took the shed and the brick garage 20 feet from where he was standing. Would have took the roof off the house but who ever nailed it on had 2 square nails every inch. I don't know how long those nails where but you could see 2 inches of every one afterwords.

Senior Member dennis1 is on a distinguished road
    iadave, I've torn down a few similar to that...and every other nail was clenched(bend so you can't just pull them out)--pull through
    the wood or break the nail when you can't get to the clenched end....I always tell people that if we could get a big enough electric
    magnet on a crane, we could move our house that way...so dang many nails, you have to work NOT to hit one.

Senior Member 48 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by dairyfarmmn View Post
    LMAO! This advice coming from someone who had never heard of the hook echo until Sat. night. You need high DP= dew points to get severe storms and to get tornado you need wind shear with those severe storms. Using barometric pressure to indicate tornados is like saying it is wet because the dust isnt blowing off the gravel road.
    DF: I know all about hook echoes, but it did impress me how accurate they were. As a veteran of tornadoes, the best indicator is the dry line. From a real experience standpoint, when you have had a warm wind out of the SE all day, and all of a sudden you get hit by cold wind out of the NW...look out. Also, you can see the dry line up in the sky when the clouds from the SE get hit by the clouds from the NW. The main problem here is they usually come at night when you can't see anything. Also, it is usually raining so hard, you can't get anything on the satellite TV. The best thing is the WX channel on my business band radios, but I usually don't have them charged up. Sooooo....that leaves KRVN radio out of Lexington, NE in the tandem in the shop. lol.