+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Senior Member PERCY is on a distinguished road
    Trying to deal logically with MethHeads doesn't work. 1 particular personnal experience. There was a knock on the door 1 evening, feller said he needed money to buy his kids diapers..gave him 20 bucks, knowing full well it was going for drugs. 6 weeks later, 3.30 in the mornin', I meet this same guy when I met him heading for my supply room,[iodine is needed to make meth], sent him outta here. 2 months later, a car whips in off the road,[we live darn near ON the road], SAME GUY, and this time I MEET HIM before he's halfway up my sidewalk. Said he ran outta gas...told him he didn't run outta gas, to get his a ss back in it, drive outta here, AND if I EVER see him on this road again, he better be flying, cuz "my network" won't won't let him make either end of our road. He drove off, and he's gone outta my life. Yeah, this used to be God's Country.

Had an "older" neighbor over thirty years ago noticed that wood was missing from his wood pile across the road from his house. He had a good idea of the white trash that was taking it and one night he saw their truck across the road stealing it around midnight. He called the sheriff but they told him he could not shoot at them or hurt them in anyway and they said they could not press charges based on what he saw and if he did anything they would arrest him! Next day he took a round limb and bored it out on the end with a one inch bit and filled it with black powder and pounded a wooden plug back into the end and strategically placed them back in the wood pile. Week later thieves stole some more wood from him and after a couple of days there was a mysterious explosion inside their wood stove. Enough to blast the pipe from the wall and blow the door open on the stove and rattle their windows. Sheriff came and checked his wood pile but did not find any doctored logs and could not charge him with anything, but sure stopped thieves from stealing his wood!

Senior Member iadave is on a distinguished road
    The local deputies have come up with a partial solution. If they check the vehicle and you can't prove the contents are yours they have started checking for liscence and insurance. Most of them have neither. The vehicle goes to impound. My friend gets to tow them. $750 for the tow and $200 a day for storage. 90% are unable to retrieve their? vehicle.

Senior Member 48 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by SIllinoisfarmer View Post
    Had an "older" neighbor over thirty years ago noticed that wood was missing from his wood pile across the road from his house. He had a good idea of the white trash that was taking it and one night he saw their truck across the road stealing it around midnight. He called the sheriff but they told him he could not shoot at them or hurt them in anyway and they said they could not press charges based on what he saw and if he did anything they would arrest him! Next day he took a round limb and bored it out on the end with a one inch bit and filled it with black powder and pounded a wooden plug back into the end and strategically placed them back in the wood pile. Week later thieves stole some more wood from him and after a couple of days there was a mysterious explosion inside their wood stove. Enough to blast the pipe from the wall and blow the door open on the stove and rattle their windows. Sheriff came and checked his wood pile but did not find any doctored logs and could not charge him with anything, but sure stopped thieves from stealing his wood!
    SIL: Goodun'. ROTFLMAO.

Junior Member durtislee is on a distinguished road
    Hey db, I got a 650 buck that I've been hoping someone would steal. If you want I'll bring it to ya and maybe that will take care of it. Motor is junk but has a new battery and belt which are probably worth more than the atv. The kids put 2500 really hard miles on it since new and fixing it just don't seem to be worth the effort.

Senior Member nlballard is on a distinguished road
    Good offer. be sure to bore out the exhaust and pour some powder in it.Just be sure D b doesn't forget and try to start it.

Senior Member Uncle Cracker is on a distinguished road
    Noble do you have Farm Bereau in Oklahoma? They are very strong in Texas lobbying for farmers and are a very good insurance company.

Senior Member nlballard is on a distinguished road
    Yes ,have farm equipment and buildings with F B. they would not take house until 2 years after the thefts. Did you get any rain?

Senior Member iadave is on a distinguished road
    I hope you guys have better luck with Farm bureau insurance than I did. We had a twister that wiped out the bin sites on 3 farms. They wouldn't cover them because when they renewed me they switched the location of the bins to my brothers place. He has no bins. They wouldn't pay because the bins were not on the farm THEY had listed.

Senior Member H. Bell is on a distinguished road
    I'm pretty sure Nationwide is the company that writes for Farm Bureau. aGAIN, it's the agent you have that determines the service you get, with all insurance.

I got a good one for you, someone in the last few weeks or months, don't know when they got'm, my planter boxes with lids and corn units on them for my 7000 planter are gone. They were off the planter in the shed. That wasn't any meth head that took those. It was some one with a 7000 planter!