AgWeb Farm Journal Legacy Project Top Producer Dairy Today Beef Today Pro Farmer Ag Day TV US Farm Report MyMachinery.com Ultimate Farm Quest
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Senior Member dennis1 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by verbatime View Post
    Could it be flat spots on the tires from sitting too long?

Good thought...but my experience is after being in the field for "several, many-many hours"(not years--that's
    a .48 statement)-----still have the bounce in road gear.

Banned Faust100F is on a distinguished road
    I had six new firestone radials, 18.4x38's, and two used ones on a tractor I purchased five years ago, I now have the two outside tires on the front I want to replace,firestone tires to match the tread and ply of the other six will cost $1200 Each, and my tire guy told me they will be getting more expensive, I should at least order them now. WTF! John

Senior Member SDakotan is on a distinguished road SDakotan's Avatar
    I have found the same thing as Dennis said.

Senior Member nlballard is on a distinguished road
    I think it is impossible to keep any of them very long when we have a 500 gallon water tank on the front to spray. They will all split eventually. We have had some luck with the titans.

Senior Member verbatime is on a distinguished road verbatime's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Good thought...but my experience is after being in the field for "several, many-many hours"(not years--that's
    a .48 statement)-----still have the bounce in road gear.
    So maybe it's not the tires but some harmonic balance problem with the transmission and the engine. Try putting on shock absorbers and stabilizer bars. Maybe some wheelie wheels and or training wheels.

Senior Member verbatime is on a distinguished road verbatime's Avatar
    I'm still betting that after those tires are made they stand them up before they are ripe.

Senior Member dennis1 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Faust100F View Post
    I had six new firestone radials, 18.4x38's, and two used ones on a tractor I purchased five years ago, I now have the two outside tires on the front I want to replace,firestone tires to match the tread and ply of the other six will cost $1200 Each, and my tire guy told me they will be getting more expensive, I should at least order them now. WTF! John
    Let him order ONE and put it on...that way you get a bounce and a waddle hump..