+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Senior Member ECI is on a distinguished road ECI's Avatar
    Thanks for jumping in here rcr ! I had a same type deal about 15 years ago ! i was useing a chemical in them little packits that you drop in the tank when filling , i was useing 28 instead of water and the company knew this --said oh ya it works GREAT , well after the first load WHAT a mess ! the little pastic packits turned to gum and pluged up everything , I called the fert. plant right away , knew a buddy was headed out first thing to spay the same thing , told them to hold off and get ahold of the Rep. NOW ! The Rep was a good one and got on the problem , called us and said that they just found out that it won't work in 28 ! and to premix in a bucket of water first , what a pain in the azz ! lol I have to ask how the he11 do you put out a new product and then just findout a planting time there is a problem ? told rep that he could take the packits back to the company guys and have them premix them in there azz ! lol

48 I will post up some more pictures to show you what i'm talking about , spent to much time the other day on the message to nattyman and got behind with other things ! lol

Senior Member dennis1 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by RowCropRenegade View Post
    I love sprayers. I hate sprayers.

Interesting thing about meters is that when they are calibrated, the conditions of the day affect the calibration. Much like setting an innoculator on an anhydrous rig on a cold day versus warm day. Same with chemical meters. Humidity has a big effect with glyphosate. I'd prefer to do all my measuring by weight in the future....

Did an interesting combo of chemicals, fertilizers, humates, sugar, 32%, seaweed extract and among other things. Was a custom job. It plugged my sprayer of up something fierce. I'd estimate there was a 15 gallons of solid sludge at the bot of the tank. Gunked up solid nozel bodies and stainless steel tube. Was a miracle it sprayed 340 acres. Spent 9 hours cleaning. Soaking with roudup and $$$ tank cleaner stuff. I may have to charge 7.50 an acre for this one.
    LMAO....well NOT really, BUT how many times do we read ON the LABEL to check mixes in a quart jar before adding mixes
    to sprayer tank....and I'll be that anyone who has sprayed very much has done the "plug a thon"...glad to hear
    the "pros" do fk-ups to.
    PS--"should'a" checked with .4-8 on the compatibilities of all those ingredients

LMAO Dennis , i could write a book on F--ups !

BTW 48 If you look to the left side of the pump you will see the smallvent tube standing up . As far as suckink air -- the pick up tube is part of the bottom half , if the seal is bad between the cam locks or if one of the ears drop down alittle the the meter will count air .
    When i was leased out to co-op --- every time i would load i would put a mark on the shuttle with a sharpie when i would start mixing this alway told me that is was pulling out the chemical , theres marks on the shuttle telling the gallons in it . i would know how much i was needing so this was a simple way to make sure that it was working .

Senior Member 48 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by ECI View Post
    LMAO Dennis , i could write a book on F--ups !

BTW 48 If you look to the left side of the pump you will see the smallvent tube standing up . As far as suckink air -- the pick up tube is part of the bottom half , if the seal is bad between the cam locks or if one of the ears drop down alittle the the meter will count air .
    When i was leased out to co-op --- every time i would load i would put a mark on the shuttle with a sharpie when i would start mixing this alway told me that is was pulling out the chemical , theres marks on the shuttle telling the gallons in it . i would know how much i was needing so this was a simple way to make sure that it was working .
    ECI: I still don't understand why it would suck air. I'm a big believer in watching those calibration marks on the side of the shuttle. I always transfer glyphos from the 250 gal bot outlet totes to my pump out the top shuttles. I always dissolve packets in 5 gal buckets first. If you had a pretend sprayer like my 220 instead of a real sprayer with an induction cone, you wouldn't have this problem. lol. I just read the calibration marks. I would suggest you use black electrical tape instead of a black marker, or you're going to have one marked up shuttle. lol.

Senior Member natty is on a distinguished road natty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ECI View Post
    Well here's a picture of the shuttles that is used alot around here , notice i didn't put the zip tie on yet --- because I took to much time with Nattyman's message ! LMAO
    The time you spent wrangling that glove around probably got you even further behind on your spraying duties.I guess I need to come in the house earlier so I don't get so far behind on here.
    BTW-That finger translates into a dirty word.

Senior Member 48 is on a distinguished road
    Dennis: You said: "PS--"should'a" checked with .4-8 on the compatibilities of all those ingredients "

Give it a rest friend.

Well, get you sorry butt over to Dennis and ses thread...I have some information for YOU...

AND, I thought it was funny, really, didn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Cracker View Post
    Ken it is interesting what you are using to clean the 2 4-D out of the hoses with. I have always used a couple of gallons of house hold amonia and let is sit 24 hours. Can't afford to hurt that cotton.
    Uncle C , ---nock on wood , but this was never let me down yet , lol Many , many moons ago , when round up first come out , I was at a meeting on chemicals and the speaker was say'n that round up was found by mistake , the reserchers was working on a new industrial cleaner and they threw some out on the grass and guess what it did to the grass ! lol and then there was round up .

When i was leased out to co-op did all the Non GMO stuff and most was for neighbors ! SSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOO i really had to clean ot good , would flush out and then add R-up and charge it up and let it sit for 24 then dump and flush and off to the field we would go .
    Never have tryed the amonia deal , but if it works for ya , good deal , lol

BTW they are started to spray alfalfa here for bugs , there really eating that stuff up , so you northern guys might want to keep a eye out and do some scouting .

Senior Member roger7 is on a distinguished road
    Won't have to spray for bugs for a while, frost killed they last night. Alfalfa may be gone also after next weeks predicted 24 degree nights. R7

Talking with a driver this morning bragging about how his alfalfa and wheat were looking....has sprayed the alfalfa for
    bugs a week ago...now a good freeze, and it will need to be sprayed again before first crop????