+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Senior Member Tomexrepub is on a distinguished road
    Guy did his duty and called the cops Ronnie. Was not his life or property threatened, he needs to fry.

Senior Member r3020 is on a distinguished road r3020's Avatar
    What needs to be determind is who caused the confrontation. He says he called the cops and then headed back to his car.

Senior Member Tall Grass is on a distinguished road
    [url]http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/americas/united-states/120401/zimmerman-not-the-one-screaming-911-tapes-trayvon-martin[/url]

George Zimmerman is not the one crying for help on the 911 tapes, experts say
    DON'T CROSS THE RIVER IF YOU CAN'T SWIM THE TIDE

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.” Mark Twain

Senior Member dennis1 is on a distinguished road
    Looks to me like the 6' 3" 19 year old hoody boy was up to no good and got caught!
    In your defense tall grass, is it mentioned when Zimmerman showed trayvon his weapon?

Senior Member Tomexrepub is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis1 View Post
    Looks to me like the 6' 3" 19 year old hoody boy was up to no good and got caught!
    In your defense tall grass, is it mentioned when Zimmerman showed trayvon his weapon?
    Looks to me like George was a John Wayne wannabe that felt the need to shoot something and the kid was his target. In your defense dennis, it is mentioned why Zimmerman got out of his car?

Senior Member dennis1 is on a distinguished road
    tommy, how many times do we have to tell you, Zimmerman lived there.

Senior Member 420 is on a distinguished road
    I agree with ron,we need more info.
    Was zimmerman on his or his families property,or just in his subdivision?
    Was his car in his parents driveway?Are their signs etc,warning tresspassers?
    If he was on neighbor hood watch,was he alone?If so,why?

Senior Member glowplug is on a distinguished road
    Our good friend, Faust started this thread, on how the media was distorting the news. Well now, since the jury determined "not guilty" and now there's unrelated events that Zimmerman gets into, (domestic disputes, speeding, messy divorce), I'm sure the VanillaWeb "experts" may wish to comment on the following:

How Trayvon's Knockout Game Went Bad

By Jack Cashill

If no one else, WND, the New York Post, and now Fox News have started paying serious attention to an urban pastime known as "the knockout game" or occasionally as "polar bear hunting," a phenomenon that has caused at least seven deaths and countless serious injuries.

The "polar bear" refers to the invariably white or at least non-black victim of a hunt by a young black male, usually one of a pack of the same. The hunters tend to prey on those who seem vulnerable. This includes old people, women, children, and, most often, clueless male liberals-- like the Pittsburgh teacher seen in this video -- who have trained themselves not to "profile" young black men even when they approach with malice in their eyes.

White urbanites remain clueless because the mainstream media have chosen not to clue them in. Even when local TV stations cover the incidents, as in the Pittsburgh assault above, they are careful to avoid even hinting at a racial motive.

Said former CBS News correspondent Bernard Goldberg, "The white liberals in the media at places that aren't covering this are saying, 'You know what? We don't want to give any ammo to those white racist conservatives out there (because they equate conservatism with racism anyway), so let's just make believe this isn't happening.' How despicable."

The media's collective failure to acknowledge the pervasiveness of the knockout game enabled them to turn would-be knockout king Trayvon Martin into a martyr and his victim, George Zimmerman, into a racist vigilante.

If he had not had an audience, Trayvon Martin would likely have made it back safely to the townhouse where he was staying in Sanford, Florida, that rainy night in February 2012. The knockout game is played for glory. Martin's audience consisted of one person, the sassy, defiant, plus-sized Rachel Jeantel who talked to Martin by phone throughout the encounter.

The story Jeantel was coached to tell at the trial and in the depositions that preceded it had little contact with reality. In addition to lying about her age and her hospitalization, both of which she was called on, Jeantel told some other obvious mistruths that the defense did not bother countering.

To account for a missing half hour of Martin's time, during which he was likely either smoking marijuana or scoping out the homes in the neighborhood, Jeantel had Martin finding shelter from the rain in "the, um, mail thing." In her initial interview with Martin family attorney Benjamin Crump, however, she said Martin sought relief from the rain "under the shade" of another apartment. In fact, Zimmerman spotted Martin before he approached the community mail shed.

Jeantel also insisted that Martin put his hood up because it started raining. In fact, Martin had the hood up in the store and when he left it. Despite the obvious inconsistencies, the State used Jeantel's corrupted testimony in charging Zimmerman with murder.

There is no reason to believe anything Jeantel said about the confrontation between Martin and Zimmerman save for her spectacularly uncoached recollection of how Martin first described Zimmerman, namely as a "creepy *** cracker."

"He told me the man was looking at him," she added, "so I had to think it might have been a rapist. Might have been a rapist." When defense attorney Don West asked Jeantel whether she thought "creepy-*** cracker" was racist, Jeantel explained that the phrase meant that Trayvon viewed Zimmerman as a "pervert."

The Urban Dictionary defines "***-cracker" as "one who engages in anal sex." It seems likely that Jeantel meant the homophobic "creepy ***-cracker" and not the racist "creepy-*** cracker." In an interview after the trial with Piers Morgan, Jeantel clarified that since Martin was himself not a homosexual, Zimmerman's actions worried him. "For every boy or every man who's not that kind of way," she said, "seeing a grown man following them, would they be creeped out?"

In sum, Martin saw Zimmerman not as the hulking vigilante the media did but as a vulnerable, possibly gay white man nearly half-a-foot smaller than he. As for Martin, although the media chose not to let the public know, he was an aspiring mixed martial artist who had recently been disciplined both at home and at school for starting fights.

Martin had four minutes to run less than a hundred yards to his townhouse. When he saw Zimmerman exit his truck, he set upon another strategy. There is no reason to believe that Jeantel tried to discourage him. In fact, she could never quite remember how it was that the final confrontation went down. Although the State chose to believe Jeantel, on this point, on all points, Zimmerman's testimony was much more credible.

"As I headed back to my vehicle the suspect emerged from the darkness and said, 'You got a problem?'" wrote Zimmerman on the night of the shooting. When Zimmerman answered "No," the suspect said, "You do now," and sucker punched him in the face. What Martin did not suspect is that this creepy *** cracker was armed. It cost him his life.

By the time of this incident, the knockout game was a well established phenomenon among young black males, especially troubled ones like Martin, the product of a broken home and a broken culture. Martin's assault on Zimmerman fit an obvious pattern.

The State of Florida, Attorney General Holder, President Barack Obama, and the entirety of the mainstream media chose not to see that pattern. "It was related to me that they just wanted an arrest," Sanford Police Chief Bill Lee told CNN after the trial. "They didn't care if it was dismissed later." Lee did not specify who the "they" was, but they could have included all the culprits named above and the mobs they inspired.

As to Zimmerman, his finances, his freedom, his mental health, and his marriage were all just collateral damage in the acquiescence to mob justice. Now, his every misstep makes national news, while the injuries and even deaths of new knockout victims go unreported. For all that, the mob remains unappeased.

Senior Member 82 is on a distinguished road 82's Avatar
    They were both losers and looking for a fight, one lost. Your buddy is in trouble again Glo.

George Zimmerman, the US man controversially acquitted of murdering black teenager Trayvon Martin, was granted bail Tuesday after being arrested for domestic violence against his girlfriend.

Judge Fred Schott of the Seminole County Court, in the southern US state of Florida, set bail at $9,000 during a hearing a day after Zimmerman was arrested on charges of pointing a gun at his girlfriend.

The judge set the next hearing for January 7 and explicitly forbade Zimmerman from having a gun or ammunition or from leaving Florida while free on bail.

(AFP)http://news.yahoo.com/photos/new-charges-for-george-zimmerman-slideshow/

Senior Member glowplug is on a distinguished road
    Not 82 think a bit before you say he's my buddy. You're sounding like Bratt spewing that OBG was my buddy when you all know he and I had some knock down, drag out, verbal sparing on AW.

Reviewing the evidence that had come out, led me to believe that Zimmerman's account of events matched the timeline, his head wounds, the mud and grass stains, all confirmed he was on the bottom, having his head smacked on the concrete. The broken nose, face wounds, again confirmed he was getting the worst of the fight, so self defense is the only conclusion.

His troubles since are a different story and don't change the evidence, don't change the only verdict the jury could make on that evidence. His troubles since, are different troubles, not relevant to the Treyvon case.

You also should be reminded that Treyvon has a long record of drug use, getting kicked out of school, being found with burglary tools in his possession. So yeah, he's a loser. I doubt that Zimmerman was looking for a fight that night but Treyvon's conversation with the girlfriend indicated that Treyvon was.

At this point, Zimmerman operates as though he has some death wish. Appears to have bad choices in women. I suppose he's living life looking over his shoulder for the punk(s) that would just love to kill him. I pity him.