AgWeb Farm Journal Legacy Project Top Producer Dairy Today Beef Today Pro Farmer Ag Day TV US Farm Report MyMachinery.com Ultimate Farm Quest
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Senior Member natty is on a distinguished road natty's Avatar

Started plantimg corn

March 27 ,80 degrees,and planting in the best conditions I can remember.Yeah db I know it's too late for corn but I do tend to drag my feet a bit !
    Attached Images

Banned Faust100F is on a distinguished road
    Gnatty, how do those 15 inch rows work for you? LMAO! John

Senior Member SteigerGreen is on a distinguished road
    Conditions look great natty, we all know what they say about planting in the dust. Must have some of that good dirt down there, don't see any fert. on that planter. Oh well atleast it's the right color. LMAO Best of luck to you.......Steiger

Banned IA CORN FARMER is on a distinguished road
    Yes, best of luck, us Iowa guys are jealous you are getting such an early start. We have at least another 3 weeks or so before we can start.

Senior Member Tomexrepub is on a distinguished road
    Finished up this morning with corn. First time I planted everything in March. By May probably wished that it was still in the bag.

Senior Member db51 is on a distinguished road
    I finished all of my corn with the exception of creek bottoms last night. Have 400 acres worked and ready to plant beans....haven't been able to bring myself to do it. The day is still young. Have 100 acres of 2012 corn ground not sprayed...think I'll switch it to corn and keep running. I've got a sneaking suspiscion the 1780 is coming out of the shed tomorrow loaded with beans. This is nutty.

Banned Faust100F is on a distinguished road
    db - you cannot pass up planting that $4.05 new crop corn, this is the year to make it all up on volume with a piddly 96,000,000 acres going in the ground. Nice to see you are in control of the situation this year. LMAO! John

Senior Member GREG1 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by natty View Post
    March 27 ,80 degrees,and planting in the best conditions I can remember.Yeah db I know it's too late for corn but I do tend to drag my feet a bit !
    You will not get the underachiever award planting such straight rows and planting early to boot. lol What is more important...planting early or gittin' the underachiever award? You need to get your priorities straight. jk nice planter!

Senior Member natty is on a distinguished road natty's Avatar
    Just finished planting corn (first time ???) I have never went gate to gate planting a crop with no rain delays.Ken should be here tommorow to start spraying so hopefully the weather holds out for him.

Steiger ,You asked about fertilizer on the planter.I had a neighbor with in an furrow rig on his planter and after watching him shell down corn several times decided it was not a good deal.He also figured that out as well.Seems that the roots got lazy not having to branch out for goodies and if a wind event hit /down she went.
    Faust-15 inch rows are great -for beans.

Greg-It takes a lot of Natty Lite to plant as straight as I do!!

Senior Member ECI is on a distinguished road ECI's Avatar
    Glad you got her in natty ! And good luck ! looks like it's going to get pretty cool here next week , calling for frost and maybe freezeing temps here !

checked the ground temp. here yesterday , in bare ground it was 45 and in the corn ground it was 43 . been warm and them rains are like ice water falling .