AgWeb Farm Journal Legacy Project Top Producer Dairy Today Beef Today Pro Farmer Ag Day TV US Farm Report MyMachinery.com Ultimate Farm Quest
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hey Small Guy

Senior Member ECI is on a distinguished road ECI's Avatar

Hey Small Guy

Was just wondering if any of the big storms was close to you a couple of weeks ago ?? Looked like some were near Evansville .

Senior Member smallguy is on a distinguished road
    St. Wendel, IN-southwestern tip of the Hoosier State
    Personally, I was lucky. The closest tornado was about 6 miles from my house and 3 miles from the dairy. We spent 2 hours in tornado positions at the school and the tornado was about 8 miles from our school. We had no loss of life locally. Four farmers were hit with differing degrees of damage. My 12 year-old and I helped the neighbor clean up what was left of his 40X80, but some grain farmers down the road lost 3 bins and their main tool shed. In the grand scheme of it, we were much luckier here than those folks up in Henryville, IN or the folks over in Harrisburg, IL.

A suburb of Evansville to the East took a hit the day Harrisburg got hit, but no one died or was seriously injured. Just a lot more property damage.