+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hey smallguy

Senior Member Smallest Dairy Farmer is on a distinguished road Smallest Dairy Farmer's Avatar

Post Hey smallguy

[B][/B] Is your shoulder getting any better for you?

Senior Member smallguy is on a distinguished road
    St. Wendel, IN-southwestern tip of the Hoosier State
    I was just thinking of asking you the same thing. I'd say I'm back to 40%. I can lift it over my head but it is still painful to lift anything or if I try to sleep on it. The weather down here is 85 degrees today and has been above 70 for a week now so I think some of the arthritis is releasing.

How are you getting along?

Senior Member Smallest Dairy Farmer is on a distinguished road Smallest Dairy Farmer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smallguy View Post
    I was just thinking of asking you the same thing. I'd say I'm back to 40%. I can lift it over my head but it is still painful to lift anything or if I try to sleep on it. The weather down here is 85 degrees today and has been above 70 for a week now so I think some of the arthritis is releasing.

How are you getting along?
    Hey, sorry for being so slow. You know what? I'm doing pretty good. I'm about to start with the weights..Not supposed to be milking yet. But in doing actually really great. I got to start sleeping on that side about 3 weeks ago now. It's doing fine. I can lift over my head.......have exercises that slide up a door above my head at first . I still do them. I've got weight bearing on my hands & knees going on, where I walk/step ahead with left hand & back again. That put weight on the injured shoulder right side. 10 repeats. lots of shoulder strengthening exercises using progressively stronger rubber exercise bands. About 6 or 7 different ones, with 12 repeats each. PT will only go as far without it hurting. I'm supposed to do this 2xs a day but never do get more than once done. Go for more repeats instead which the PT says is not as good. I go milking now, can easily predip & attach inflations. Doesn't hurt at all. We milk on the right side only so my right arm which is the injured side is close to the cow. Reaching forward is comfortable. Reaching up is working ok to attach air hose if the air **** is a bit to the front, if it turns out I reach up & back you can feel it so then I use my other arm or towards it. I'm to be careful not to reach up behind me or back behind me yet, but that's it. Minor nuisance right now yet. I hardly notice there's anything wrong. Then there is the exercise where you do like a push up into a door....... stand back feet about a foot apart & 18 " back & bring your nose forward against the door & push back to standing position & repeat...but by golly all this stuff works. Therapist is not into pushing to hard....above all they do not want it to pop out again. Say I would have to have surgery if that happened. He says,the shoulder is getting pretty stable now. He expects it to be !00% in about another six weeks if we take it easy on reaching up & backwards or too far behind me until all is healed. I'm sorry yours still hurts so much. My PT said the outcome is not good if it does not have that opportunity to heal for 3 weeks before you do much strengthening exercises. That's probably why you are still hurting, but if it's been staying in, it should stabilize as well eventually. It been that warm here too & dry. We are supposed to get substantial rain Tuesday. No one in the fields too much yet, some putting down fertilizer, some are getting started. Stay safe & be careful with that Shoulder...Ok.

Senior Member smallguy is on a distinguished road
    St. Wendel, IN-southwestern tip of the Hoosier State
    glad to hear U are doing well. I just can not sit still and heal. when I broke my knee cap a couple of years ago, I just could not sit in a chair. hurt for a year before it finally went away. NH3 is going on like mad around and I heard of some corn in the ground. I did put out 3 rows in the garden with some onions and broccoli and lettuce but the only corn I am dealing with is going to the elevator. have a nice week.