AgWeb Farm Journal Legacy Project Top Producer Dairy Today Beef Today Pro Farmer Ag Day TV US Farm Report MyMachinery.com Ultimate Farm Quest
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 82 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    Senior Member pldairy is on a distinguished road

wheres this price of milk going?

just wondering .how far the fall befor it comes back?,I hear $17 befor going back to $20, but with these feed cost ,ya have to run a real tight ship

Senior Member 48 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by pldairy View Post
    just wondering .how far the fall befor it comes back?,I hear $17 befor going back to $20, but with these feed cost ,ya have to run a real tight ship
    Down...right along with the price of corn.

Moderator drdiederich is on a distinguished road drdiederich's Avatar
    In front of one of my computers or on my phone...
    It'll go down lower than 17 but premiums will keep the take home higher than 17... it will go up to 21-22 range (including premiums) so I guess I am more or less agreeing with what you are hearing pl. It'll be all about expense control and keeping those ladies milking with good feet under them while getting them pregnant... with feed being such a large portion of costs its always were we all like to look but, more or less, we all deal with those same costs... I like to pay attention to the other "small " things more to refocus efficiency and make gains by adding up all the "little" things.

Senior Member Normande is on a distinguished road
    Did anyone see the last Hoards' jeeze some guy in there was saying milk was going up compaired to 2011 he shore wasn't looking at the cme or the article is 4 months old.

Moderator drdiederich is on a distinguished road drdiederich's Avatar
    In front of one of my computers or on my phone...
    I saw that article... he'll be right if the world economy gets better as the ever increasing demands of the developing world matter more and more to our prices... i just don't see a big improvement coming in that arena. Our main export countries will continue to do well but we need much more demand growth (or a big and unlikely contraction in production somewhere) to get the prices that he is putting forth. I hope that he is right though.

Senior Member Smallest Dairy Farmer is on a distinguished road Smallest Dairy Farmer's Avatar
    Texas up 8.6% in production...........How does that work with the worst drought in years? Where is the price milk going according to those who know? It's going the same place crap goes when you flush the toilet........Also just before coming over here, I read that cheese continues to drop, unless consumers uptick demand...........well. Today in Bismarck at a grocery 5 lbs sliced American cheese was a whooping $19.99. $4.00 a lb. Market commodity cheese is a long way from that. It won't probably won't be long before all are urged to lock in 16.00! No one at this time 2010 predicted 2011 prices. DFA meeting in September was predicting 13.50 Class III averages for 2011. Not long after people jumped in on upsurge & locked in $15.00. Whole thing's nothing more then a Ponzi Scheme. They're about as accurate as the weatherman IMO.
    Last edited by Smallest Dairy Farmer; 02-08-2012 at 09:32 PM.

Senior Member dairyfarmmn is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by pldairy View Post
    I'm guessing it will drop to about $9/cwt. Hey.....if guber can tell us it's going to $30, which it didn't. Then I can say it's going to $9.... I just hope I'm not right.

Right now the cheese price works out to be around $15 dollar milk for Feb.

Senior Member JRthe original is on a distinguished road
    Yea I missed that one by a little!

Senior Member PERCY is on a distinguished road
    Well, we're praying it doesn't fall into the 14's. If we start storing 2% of our production, don't beef enuf dairy cows/heifers, AND have an early spring?, it'll get ugly. At least DB's new, improved super lube will contain a higher % of butter, to give you that "sweet creamy" effect!!

Senior Member 48 is on a distinguished road
    [url]http://www.usda.gov/oce/commodity/wasde/latest.pdf[/url]

Got to Pg. 34:

Class III: 16.70-17.40
    Class IV: 16.25-17.05