+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 630 1 2 3 11 51 101 501 ... LastLast
    Senior Member BinswOH is on a distinguished road BinswOH's Avatar

Marketing Old Crop and New Crop 2012

AgWeb forum members have shared their crop marketing ideas for years. The past two years are covered in the thread [URL="http://discussions.agweb.com/showthread.php?8643-Marketing-Old-Crop-and-New-Crop"]Marketing Old Crop and New Crop[/URL] which is about 900 pages long.

At the beginning of the year (today) US May corn is trading at 654'6, May beans stand at 1217'4 and May Wheat at 686'2.

Here's hoping we all enjoy big yields and good profits in 2012.

Now let us know what you think.

Senior Member ECI is on a distinguished road ECI's Avatar
    Hey bins look's like I'll be the first to post on your new tread here , lol

Good luck to everbody in the comeing year , you'll do OK as long as you don't listen to had Nor we gen from North Dakota --- LMAO just kidding ya Tas !

Everybody have a great new years eve !!!!!!!!!!! Ken

Senior Member Tas is on a distinguished road
    Ha Ha Ken it could be worse,,,,,,,,,, I could be a Pollock !!!!!!!!!!! I came home and did a double take,like where did all the pages go on the old thread !!!!! But good idea Bins, new year,new thread... I sure hope Greg feeds old 48 sitting in the corner LOL

Hope all have their best marketing year yet! What happened to our old curmudgeon 48 hope he gets back soon?

Senior Member PERCY is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by SIllinoisfarmer View Post
    Hope all have their best marketing year yet! What happened to our old curmudgeon 48 hope he gets back soon?
    Could be somebody pony expressed a case of ripple to him, so he could enjoy the holidays by himself!!

Senior Member ECI is on a distinguished road ECI's Avatar
    Well boy's it looks like Brazil did get some rain but it fizzled out in Argentina .

One report I got was that there was 20 % was yet to plant ------ because it was to dry . SO the big question will be will that 20 get planted ????? Let's just say it don't for fun , IfI remeber right they origanially put Argentina at 54 MMT minus the 20 % that woul be something like 43.8 MMT .

Then they had Brazil at 76 MMT Max ! and now at 70 to 72 MMT .

A good rain could do alot of good down there in the next 2-3 weeks but the forcast I read said it looks like another 2 weeks of dry for now , then if at the end of two weeks , still little or no rain , boys it could get very , very interesting .

Senior Member BinswOH is on a distinguished road BinswOH's Avatar
    Besides weather, markets will be keeping an eye on the potential for oil supply disruptions in the Straight of Hormuz by Iran. Today [URL="http://www.cnbc.com/id/45845663"]Iran test fired a sea-to shore long range missle [/URL]in the gulf showing their capability. The test was accomplished during their scheduled naval war games. Markets should view this as a little prickly when they open tonight and expect to see oil run past $100 quickly. Will the grains follow? Probably.

Banned IA CORN FARMER is on a distinguished road
    Guess I will be first, I have absolutely 0% sold of both corn and beans for the 2012 crop years. Good Luck to all for marketing the 2012 crop, we will probably need some luck.

Quote Originally Posted by jabber1 View Post
    Hey I wanna reminder everybody that I haven't been wrong once about the markets this year- yet.

I wanted to get this in here while I still could.
    Guess it is hard for either of us to be wrong yet. Neither of us have made any predictions on marketing 2012 new crop yet, so hard to be wrong.

Also, for some reason I thought overnight trading would be open tonight. Guess I was wrong about that too.