+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Senior Member villageidiot is on a distinguished road

Skid Loader Advice

Need to replace the old bobcat 642b, had a couple of 175s bobcats found at a dealer that had them out probably on lease, to a couple of colleges, 2010's with 350 hrs, probably just pushed snow and gravel, pretty decent deals at 20000 for the foot only, and 21500 for the optional hand/ foot control.
    cab, heat on both.
    But seem to be getting jerked around on getting them in and I'm getting tired of being ankle deep in shiite. Anew 175s is about 23500.

Found a 2006 new holland L180, 2200 hrs used to build fence and cut trees, so not a feedlot machine.
    cab heat , has 400 or so more lbs of lift, and 12 more hpower than the bobcat, for 16000. has foot control.

All Ive ever been on is a bobcat, was wondering what some of you with some knowledge of one or the other, or both might think about the deal. Skid loaders really seem to hold their value well.
    What I would save on the new holland, would pay for a new post hole auger and the 3 bits for it I want.

Thanks

Senior Member pldairy is on a distinguished road
    got a NH L465 with around 10,000 hrs on it ,nothing done execpt starters,water pump,and the alt. changed oil every 200 hrs.
    the trouble is the dished in wheels trap mud and take out axel bergs,changed the wheels out ,seems to work better.
    replace alot of drive chanes it seems
    this machine has lived in the manure its total life, its slowly dieing , as it started to use oil at the 9500 hr mark

Senior Member verbatime is on a distinguished road verbatime's Avatar
    Those things are all over the internet... tons of them. Most of the 175 are around 15 to 16 used. So they've gone up in the last couple years.

Senior Member dairyfarmmn is on a distinguished road
    Ran a Case 1840, then went a Deere 240, which I currently have. It has 4600 hrs on it now. done very little to it. Hyd. hoses, did have to replace the water pump, radiator, and alternator, but that was primarily due to operator error............long story and it was before I knew ECI. lol Have driven a 325 Deere amd was not impressed. BUT the new "D" is a much better machine and the upgrades are very good. Had a 320D here this summer for a week to try out. Don't go with anything smaller than that with a Deere as they are not built as heavy.

Now that said, the NEXT skid loader on this farm WILL BE a Bobcat. Drove a S205 this summer too. Had Hand/foot controls which I want and currently have, Cab, Radio, AC. You sit up a little higher than you do in a Deere. Really hated to have the dealer take the ting back, but dealer and I couldn't agree on a price......but will try again soon.

BTW, the S205, you could switch from foot only to hand/foot controls.

Senior Member davidm479 is on a distinguished road
    have a Gehl 6635 one hell of a machine rated at 2600 have loaded 4000 with it hand foot machine------------------------------------------------dave

Senior Member larrydc is on a distinguished road
    We have 3 New Holland skidloaders. LS140, LS 180, and an L180. They are all good machines but they went backward for service work on the L180 compared to the LS180. Our next one will be a 223 New Holland.
    Larry

Senior Member JRthe original is on a distinguished road
    We have a 175s absolutely love it!

IT has been to the shop twice. Once to get an axle bearing replaced. (due to operator error) Second was becasue I thought I had a computer go bad. Actually the oil pressure sending unit went bad.

My dealer also sells NH they always bring out a NH for the rental. They sit lower. LOTS LOWER! They use more fuel. and they are noisier.

There is a reason half the new skidsteers that are sold are bobcats. ( the other half of folks are to proud to admit they are wrong so they won't buy one!)

Senior Member davidm479 is on a distinguished road
    that was a big decision on mine when I baught it the Gehl had 11 inches of clearance some of the NH were in the 8 9s---------------------------------dave

Senior Member dairyfarmmn is on a distinguished road
    Mornin Larry!!! Or should I say good night? Probably haven't slept all night after the thrashing that was done in GB last night!!!!!!!

Dave: I think what JR is talking about is not ground clearance.......but with the Bobcat and the "D" series Deere you physically sit here in the cab. It doesn't feel like you are crawling down into a hole.

Senior Member villageidiot is on a distinguished road
    Pretty sold on the bobcats myself, but will go look at the new holland. seat height is pretty important, especially considering the 2 boys will be operating the machine. They don't sit up as high as the old man, the extra visability is a big plus. I learned on a 500 or a 510, air cooled, so no radiator in back, no cab, so great visabilty, just decreased safety, but back in the 70's, I doubt many had cabs. Used to foot controls, but maybe the hand option on the 175s is good as I get older. (now that sounds off color, spose it'll get deleted)lol. Price is pretty decent, but higher than the salesman led me to believe they'd be, but that was probably on the 175 with out the hand option.

I think the implement salesman is having to much fun looking at trades and pricing higher dollar farm equipment, and isn't to concerned about me. The plus of the bobcat is my neighbor/mechanic is a bobcat guy w/ a 185s, so he knows and can service/repair for me at 3 miles away vs an hour away.