AgWeb Farm Journal Legacy Project Top Producer Dairy Today Beef Today Pro Farmer Ag Day TV US Farm Report MyMachinery.com Ultimate Farm Quest

Poll: How is your corn crop looking?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Tas is on a distinguished road

Quick poll on corn

Short sweet to the point BULL or BEAR corn
    Me a bear.

Tas, you talkIng price or condition?

Senior Member db51 is on a distinguished road
    There are some seriously deteriorating corn acres south of I-70.....we are looking at possilbe a 50% reduction from normal yields on over half our crop and the other half....well it ain't nothing to brag about.

Senior Member tut is on a distinguished road
    DB,how close to harvest is your first corn?

Senior Member Tas is on a distinguished road
    price

Senior Member db51 is on a distinguished road
    I have the only field of corn planted in early April in the county - 80 acres of it. I think I can probably shell it in two weeks. After that, we're looking at at least 30-40 days....and on later stuff, probably until late October or November.

Senior Member greengold is on a distinguished road
    mixed...don't think we shoot the moon but we aren't dropping $2 from here either...to much uncertainty about yields yet...cash is still strong. are you talking short term or long term? imo...well supported into next years planting intentions...then watch out. of course a complete implosion of the financials could really hammer grains for a bit. tough call!!

Senior Member The Duke is on a distinguished road
    corn up here is looking pretty good now. I think you'll see some 180 bu and 80 to 100 bu. corn planted May 12 are setting good cobs,corn on May 31 just done silking. some prolly won't get stared till end of Nov. beans arelooking great lots of pods and still flowering. even the ones planted on July 15. looked at some fields and figure 10 to 15 percent of pods have four beans in a pod.
    but as always there not in the bin yet. sunflowers look great also just got done flowering heads all hanging down just like they should
    will cut third crop next week and try to get it baled

Duke

Senior Member dairyfarmmn is on a distinguished road
    I think corn will trade in a tight range for the short term. Don't see it getting an 8 in front of it, but don't see it with a 4 in front of it either.

Corn looks good here. Good pollination, but we sure could use an inch of rain for kernal fill.

Junior Member MN Gambler is on a distinguished road
    Bullish all the way. Iowa can't carry the whole corn belt.