+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Banned IA CORN FARMER is on a distinguished road

Iowa Record Land Price

Believe this is a new record. $11,338/acre or $128 per CRS point. Just pointed this out for the "Farmland is to high priced to buy, and should be sold now" crowd.

Sold At
    7/14/2011 237 Acres, Grundy County, Iowa, were held for auction on Thursday, July 14, at 10:00 AM. Auction will be held at Beaman Memorial Hall, 215 Main Street in Beaman, Iowa. Property is located one mile north of Conrad on H Avenue. High quality Grundy County farms. For additions information, please contact Bob Regenwether, agent (319) 988-3585 or click here.
    $11,338/Acre

Senior Member iadave is on a distinguished road
    Talked to a gentleman the other day who claimed to have bought land North of Sioux City for $15,000. I don't know if he was windy or not.

Senior Member timdcrossley is on a distinguished road timdcrossley's Avatar
    Can you get word out to these guys that I have some prime Iowa farmland for sale in Eastern Indiana? I would be content with $6-8k per acre unless they feel the need to pay more. I would even throw in a gift card to Texas Roadhouse and to Kohl's!
    Life is Good!

Senior Member Slick is on a distinguished road
    Grundy County has the highest average CSR rating in Iowa, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Grundy County has the highest average CSR rating in Iowa, right?
    Yes, it has the highest CSR average in Iowa. Most is top-quality land.
    Tim- first send me the gift cards to Texas Roadhouse and I will buy your farms. LOL

Senior Member bentoncofarmer is on a distinguished road
    Heard this sale results on the "big show" and they said all 3 tracts were bought by the same farmer.

Quote Originally Posted by bentoncofarmer View Post
    Heard this sale results on the "big show" and they said all 3 tracts were bought by the same farmer.
    That is correct, 1 guy bought it all. Heard he was a heavy hitter too.

Senior Member gmart is on a distinguished road
    never heard of a sale getting down to dollar bids ICF. 11,338 doesnt really add up unless they sold the dollar amount times a different acre number than 237. only been to a few sales where they say the dollar amount other than the per acre amount. I personally like the per acre sales better but not a big deal i guess. One of think that with such the high dollar amount it would bring just a touch more selling it per acre just for the simple fact the dollar amount is more staggering. Land has been bringing $100-120 per CSR point around here. Most going in the $110-120 range. we used to be about 10 points under the market but have caught up

Yea g-mart, I too wondered about the $11,388 per acre figure. I am more of a CSR per point man, myself. However, I think CSR numbers could be outdated a little with this biotech corn. I have about 50 acres of 70 CSR ground on one corn field and that land gets 200+ bu per acre with normal weather. One problem is that one soil type can have several CSR rating points depending on the slope. The 70 CSR ground I have would be 89+ CSR with a 0-2% slope, instead I have a 2-5% slope on this ground which brings the CSR rating down to 70.
    Anyway, I am wondering how much higher Iowa land can be expected to bring or are we near the top for now? Guess time will tell. However at $11k per acre, I too wonder if I should maybe sell a quarter or half, only 160 acres or 320, so we are not talking about much ground here. 320*$11k = $3.5 million. Guess something to think about considering I only paid $1,000/acre in 1986 for the land.

Senior Member Tas is on a distinguished road
    Personally I would sell 2 corn ICF.

I'm curious as to your thoughts why that land sold for 1000/acre in the first place ?