AgWeb Farm Journal Legacy Project Top Producer Dairy Today Beef Today Pro Farmer Ag Day TV US Farm Report MyMachinery.com Ultimate Farm Quest
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Senior Member JRthe original is on a distinguished road

I am thinking about a lite bar

For the planter/sprayer/planter tractor and one for the haybine. never been around them so got no clue what to look for. what does it cost to get hooked up and how much work are they to inswtall. remeber I am an underemplyed ****y tugger so can't handle to much of what you real farmers do so be gentle with me the first time into this technology pool! LOL.

Senior Member ECI is on a distinguished road ECI's Avatar
    Sounds like you had just better stick to your smart phone for now , LMAO

LOL theer keeny at least my phone stays high and dry! ROFLMAO and besides I got a dumb phone don't even take pics. kids are embarresed by the thing!

Senior Member The Duke is on a distinguished road
    JR look up Raven Crusier I ,ve got two units ,one tractor that we spread fert, drill and cultipack with and one on the planter tractor.the unit has a screen and lite bar . it works good for us.
    Lee

Senior Member The Duke is on a distinguished road
    JR the cost was $1800 for one unit . very easy to install even a non real dairy farmer can do it .

Lee

Senior Member Iowa55 is on a distinguished road
    Jr. why one in the haybine? Is your hay that thin?

Unless you are going with auto steer one in your planter tractor is of no real use. Now in the sprayer (tractor or other wise) it is the best thing since sliced bread and sex. It is also great on the NH3 bar tractor. Get one that has the color screen. I have a Raven Crusier but think it is a little spastic. It has taken a couple of seasons but I have finally learned to ignore the light bar part and just follow the arrow on the line and anticipate a little. Like I mentioned earlier The NH3 (especially after dark), Phoenix, and sprayer are the greatest uses for me.

Just plug into the lighter socket and have a metal plate on the cab (for the GPS reciever) and it has an optional suckon cup to stick to the glass (the monitor) if you don't have a bracket handy. Mine goes between three tractors. I'm the lone ranger out here anyway, no Tonto.

SOn wants onein the haybine so he can drive faster. Dad neeeds one so when he falls asleep he can get quickly back on course! I would just move unit between tractor and haybine. No my hay isnt thin! I hate typing on this laptop!

Senior Member ECI is on a distinguished road ECI's Avatar
    The only thing I will add ole buddy is MAKE sure where you buy it that they have great tech support !! Somewhere along the line you will need it and don't forget about the parts to !

Double only thing , also if you get one I would HIGHLY recommend getting the mapping with it to . Ken

Senior Member Iowa55 is on a distinguished road
    Jr it will not help with the drive faster thing on the haybine ...just create more jhit to watch and will take the eyes off of the business end of the machine. My discbine starts to do a ragged job over 10.5MPH. 9.6 mph is a really nice speed, on smooth going I just set the cruise contol and it's off to the races. (yes my two main hay tractors have cruise control that can be set at either ground speed or RPM).

Senior Member iadave is on a distinguished road
    Who in the heck puts ground to hay that you can drive 9 mph on? I hardly ever go over 5 even just driving the tractor alone!