AgWeb Farm Journal Legacy Project Top Producer Dairy Today Beef Today Pro Farmer Ag Day TV US Farm Report MyMachinery.com Ultimate Farm Quest
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Senior Member lafarmer345 is on a distinguished road

Loozeana Crop Pics

cotton.jpg
    Cotton irrigated once, planted May 5

polycorn.jpg
    Irrigating corn for the 8th time. Planted March 21

burnt.jpg
    Dryland corn. Planted March 24

lil ears.jpg
    Ears on the left from dryland corn, on the right from irrigated

irrcorn.jpg
    Another shot of irrigated corn

Senior Member verbatime is on a distinguished road verbatime's Avatar
    Those are fine crops there 345

Thanks Verb. The dryland corn is not gonna do much. I am expecting 50 bu. If it does more than that, I will be shocked. We have received 9 inches since we planted corn, but only 2 in the past 7 weeks. And have been at 98-102 degrees for the past 3 weeks. I think I saw a cactus this morning.....

Senior Member ECI is on a distinguished road ECI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lafarmer345 View Post
    Attachment 404
    Cotton irrigated once, planted May 5

Attachment 407
    Irrigating corn for the 8th time. Planted March 21

Attachment 405
    Dryland corn. Planted March 24

Attachment 406
    Ears on the left from dryland corn, on the right from irrigated

Attachment 403
    Another shot of irrigated corn
    Well Kevin I consider us good friends , so friends tell each other the truth , right ? So here go's !

All i can really say is it look's like you have been to the db 51 school of sh1tty farming !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Let's talk cotton , it looks like has some kind of defficiecy , I mean man it jumps right out at you and this is comeing from somebody that hasn't even raise'd it !!

As far as the corn , I really have to wonder if you really went to corn college last year ! If you really did go , Then I have to wonder what the he11 did they teach you ???????????????? It sure wasn't anything on corn , thats for sure .

I would would HIGHY reccomend geting a NEW agronomist ! For you ole buddy , no charge , Ken

Kenny Boy,

Post your pics, a hole. You have probably never seen cotton growing in the field, and dam sure don't know what it looks like.

Go play on your Haggie!!!!

Senior Member Uncle Cracker is on a distinguished road
    Kevin,

I would give anything to have cotton looking that good. I am on 40" rows and preirrigated every row. Two weeks after planting had to water every row agian to help get a decent stand. Check it last night and the top 6 to 8" is bone dry. Alot of the plants that came up from the second watering are not rooted deep enought to reach moister. We have had 0" of moister in 6 months.

Thanks Uncle Cracker.

See Ken? Bite me, my cotton looks good to a COTTON FARMER.

I was able to get a good stand. I planted later than I would have liked to....I prefer to plant around the 20th of April, but the temps were too cold. I Started the water Sunday and got it watered out Wednesday. The cotton wasnt stressing, but this is a fairly heavy clay soil, and if it gets too dry it will crack. And with furrow irrigation, it will take too long to "fill the cracks" and get the water out of the other end, and then the cotton will be waterlogged. Therefore, I watered it when the cotton actually didnt need it.

UC, where in the panhandle are you? I have a buddy south of Lubbock who came from Louisiana, but went to school at TT and married a girl out in Denver City. He farms and works for an ag retailer.

O, and whoever decided ECI shouldnt be in the a-hole club, please reconsider. There HAS to be room for him. He is certainly qualified!

Senior Member johndeere-girl is on a distinguished road johndeere-girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lafarmer345 View Post
    Thanks Uncle Cracker.

See Ken? Bite me, my cotton looks good to a COTTON FARMER.

O, and whoever decided ECI shouldnt be in the a-hole club, please reconsider. There HAS to be room for him. He is certainly qualified!
    I thought he was the President!!!!! LOL..JHF......jdg

Banned Faust100F is on a distinguished road
    Kevin, crops look good! That first ear of corn,is the size they shoot for here in Ioway north of I-80, instead of planting 20K for larger or multiple ears on a stalk, they plant 44000 for nubbins. LMAO! John

Ken - I did not know db was educating farmers on raising corn, does each of his students get to dig a root pit? LMAO! John

Senior Member davidm479 is on a distinguished road
    as i sid befor Ken never failes to amaze me------------------------dave -----------im going to go have me a vegebuger