+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Senior Member db51 is on a distinguished road

Crop Photos from So IL

Wheat on Rolling Pasture Ground

Replanted Corn

Mid-May Corn

Corn on cattle pasture - 20 years

Last edited by db51; 06-14-2011 at 10:09 PM.

Senior Member johndeere-girl is on a distinguished road johndeere-girl's Avatar
    Nice looking crops DB.

Senior Member The Duke is on a distinguished road
    Great looking crops db. Our wheat is just starting to head out. Just got in from planting beans hope to be done soon . Got about 100 acres to go.

Senior Member MOMOSARIC is on a distinguished road
    Nice db.What are the wheel tracs on the last picture across fields?
    How did such a good till on pasture that does not see grass residue?

Senior Member jabber1 is on a distinguished road
    Ummmmmmmmmm- about that first picture titled wheat on rolling pasture ground- in this area- if we describe a farm as rolling- it always has sum hills on it. Where are the hills?

Nice lookin' crops.

Senior Member verbatime is on a distinguished road verbatime's Avatar
    jabber... probably has some bumps

Nice job db... looking good. It's like you're always pulling a rabbit out of the hat.

Senior Member wctyilfarmer is on a distinguished road wctyilfarmer's Avatar
    the wheat is taller in the branches.

Senior Member ECI is on a distinguished road ECI's Avatar
    Well db , I consider us good friends ! And good friends tell it like it is , right ? Well here goes.
    Pic. 1 of the wheat . looks alittle thin in places where water may have set , also looks alittle S m u t t y , one more rain on it and your combine will black as coal , but i think it will still make 30 .

pic. 2 . why not put a few more wheel tracks in there ?? My god what a mess ! If it don't keep raining the roots will never make threw the compaction !!!!!!!!! BTW if your not doing anything today , why not just drive across the field a couple more times !

pic 3 , well the sun dog at sun set is pretty !

pic 4 . I would save my money on fungicides and spray on that small stuff, my god man it's June 14 th and two leafs , can't wait to see that stuff in July when the heat hit's 105 !

But all in all you did try hard and thats important ! Think you have the underachiver award rapped up , Congrats my friend , Ken
    Last edited by ECI; 06-15-2011 at 05:53 AM. Reason: didn't know s m u t was a bad word !!!

Senior Member verbatime is on a distinguished road verbatime's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ECI View Post
    Well db , I consider us good friends ! And good friends tell it like it is , right ? Well here goes.
    Pic. 1 of the wheat . looks alittle thin in places where water may have set , also looks alittle S m u t t y , one more rain on it and your combine will black as coal , but i think it will still make 30 .

pic. 2 . why not put a few more wheel tracks in there ?? My god what a mess ! If it don't keep raining the roots will never make threw the compaction !!!!!!!!! BTW if your not doing anything today , why not just drive across the field a couple more times !

pic 3 , well the sun dog at sun set is pretty !

pic 4 . I would save my money on fungicides and spray on that small stuff, my god man it's June 14 th and two leafs , can't wait to see that stuff in July when the heat hit's 105 !

But all in all you did try hard and thats important ! Think you have the underachiver award rapped up , Congrats my friend , Ken
    well you can tell ECI is jealous, what a jerk... I can't believe they didn't let you join the asses hole club. lol

Not going to spell check this because it always takes a couple hours to get through ECI's just to get to mine.

Senior Member db51 is on a distinguished road
    MoMo. Wheel Tracks. lmao...that's the turn rows in the corner of the field, and there were alot of point rows. Also, since I didn't have auto steer, sometimes I had to make two or three runs at the end, sort of like a plane doing touch and gos. Kenny, I think that other picture of wheel tracks is where I made a pass through the field withouit putting the marker down, and I had to double back with the planter up and marker down to get my next round. lmao. Obviously, I have some issues with the planter. By July, most of this stuff will be burned to a crisp and I'll be whining about it here....but probably will get a late August rain and it will make a comback to around 220. lmao. I was thinking maybe two fungicide passes so I could make some more wheel tracks, maybe let them use a half rate and double back a couple of times.....maybe they'll leave the floaters on the Hag when they spray....maybe smash down a few late emerging weeds at the same time since I don't have RR corn.l

As for the rolling wheat ground, that is the only flat spot in the field, I was to fricking lazy to walk to where the hills are., but trust me, there are a couple of places that are steep enough the old 9500 might not have enough power to thresh and take the hill at the same time.